My Photo
Name:
Location: Nescopeck, PA, United States

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Getting Started

Well I thought I would start my own blog to routinely update everyone on how my horses are doing (and us occastionally) and who is new and who has left! Ok I did it, the farrier is coming tomorrow and James is holding the horses. So decide who is getting down, who got down in November and who can wait. I wrote down on paper who we have! There are 26 horses right now. Scary? No, I thought there were more! Basically everyone lives with a barnyard available, so it's not hard. Frosty of course at 36 comes in, along with some low on the pecking order at the broodmare barn. Yes we are still at three barns. The lesson horses and Aspen with two of his mares, the broodmare, young horse barn, and then Movado is still at Gram's. Recently we sent Cassie and Savvy (a welsh/qh foal) up to NY to Blue Chip Riding Club. I'm not sure what Cassie will do, but Va, my friend, really likes her attitude! Most recently, Danni the Selle Francais/Percheron went to Alberta Canada! This was a long trip for her! She was on and off the trailer a full week and just arrived Tues. It seems that the trip took it's toll on her, but she arrived sound and healthy! We had two CB/TB foals this year. Elliott born April 7th out of Jillian and Eloquence born July 7th out of Curly. Eloquence is praying she will become a cheesehead! :) She has an admirer who is serious about purchasing her, if only the timing works now! We have also added to our family Cameron. A yearling paint colt who is chestnut with a flaxen mane and has a bald face and two blue eyes. He is a love and will eventually fill Sir's huge shoes. Secret a yearling QH filly has also joined us with Cameron and is up for sale. Speaking of Sir, he is still here! Sept 10th, he was given 3 months to live and we were told he had a bladder tumor. It's looking more like a stone, he is still healthy, just urinates a lot. After the holidays we may to to Cornell. Taylor is also fine, she is the human child! She is two now, talks and keeps us on our toes! I'll post pictures soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home